All Instant

I am so tired. The Holy Week was holy for others but not for some evil minded people who don't have the heart to repent and for the holy week reflect on God's mercy, rather, they go about snatching things and stuffs away from people and getting them for their own selfish desires.

The last weeks of March happened to be a very busy one for me and my hubby, we were busy printing certificates for graduating students in our place, and some souvenir programs have been making our time for kids and family super limited. Yes, sure money, because if not for the earnings we would get, we won't be limiting our sleep to 2 hours only if not for the desire to grant our family the much needed comfort we can ever give them.

After April 3, we have enjoyed longer sleeps, we have promised some bonding moments with the kids and so we went out to watch Monsters vs Aliens, and did some mall shopping.

I was actually looking forward for the Holy Week because it is a long holiday here in our country, and I have brought home some office works hoping when i get back to the office, i would have enough time concentrating on some other projects left pending for me.

Ecstatic I was when I went to Davao last Tuesday, I bought three sets of new curtains to bring to the new house because the long holiday would have meant arranging the house and getting ready for the MOVE, which was supposedly scheduled at the end of this month.

Last Holy Thursday, I woke up early to check on the things we will be bringing to La Cassandra: the new subdivision. I woke up to see MIL up and about and changed on her outdoor outfits. I asked her why she is up early and to where she was going. She said she was going to Malungon; the hubby's family have a house in Malungon, 50 kilometers away from where we are. She was going there for one reason: the house there was ransacked and three watches and some cash were taken away by robbers. She is going there to report the incident to the police.

And so I said okey, I might be staying in the house since she is not around, will just visit La Cass at a later date or time. I went about my way and checked my phone for messages. I was aghast at what I read: the SMS was from the developer's admin and prompted me that the house in La Cassandra was also burglarized. Dang!

I was speechless, didn't know what to do, i nudged the hubby to immediately change and ready the car for the immediate visit to La Cassandra which is 10 kilometers away from the in-law's house.

When we got the kids ready, I was praying so hard that I could not talk, i never listened to the conversation ensuing inside the car, I could hear my heart beat at its fastest. Imagine, the house was almost full, aside from us residing there, the house was just literally waiting for us to live in it, and it was burglarized?

When we reached the house, we checked the doors, and it was the rear door's locks that was literally smashed into pieces, the reinforced bolt we placed there was lock-picked. And through there, the burglars got in the house and got my brand new electric fan and a king-sized 4 inches rubberized bed foam, a small caserole including the cover. The guards not knowing the incident because only the neighbors noticed the rear door's smashed locks reported the incident to them and they to the admin.


only memory of my electric fan...

Darn right, so there, we were supposed to move in by the end of the month, but with no bed foam and electric fan for the kids. Grrr... I was so angry at the burglars, they were so heartless, little did they know we worked so hard to buy those stuffs, only to give us freedom and a certain level of togetherness as a family.

the bed foam they got...

So there and then, we decided on the spot: we are MOVING IN. We thought that if we do not move in yet, however secure our locks would be, they will find ways to repeat the same and gather all things inside. As if they shopped for brand new stuffs inside my house, only, they did not leave the credit card.

the white caserole, near the refrigerator

Notice the rest of the kitchen stuffs? All of those were retained, they only got and hand-picked the three stuffs, yun lang siguro ang kulang sa kanila...

So gathering all strength, we went to the city proper to shop for locks, groceries, 2 electric fans and a bed foam, we are definitely not leaving the house anymore; lest they be given another chance to rob everything inside the house. All savings and earnings spent because of the robbery. We could have used it for a vacation, *sigh.

I have not talked with my MIL yet, she is still in Malungon. She still doesn't know we have MOVED, we went back home yesterday to gather additional stuffs. The instant move kept me busy the rest of the week, when I was supposed to be enjoying the long vacation on a beach somewhere near. Ugh.

No more savings left in my ATM, and the hubby's pay all spent up for locks and instant needs.

The Friday was good, we spent the day arranging everything in the new house, added stuffs were put in place, and the backyard was cleaned, lots of grasses were enjoying fertile soil there so we hired a gardener to clean it up.

I placed a few plants which I asked from the neighbors, had them arranged as landscape to the small lawn I have. Today, the hubby placed dead bolts on the front door and will hopefully place a customized burglar alarm system soon.

The instant move gave way to instant adjustments; the kids having no aircon, only electric fans, no ironing stuffs yet, instant clotheslines, instant gardening tools, and an instant LCD TV for the kids.

There goes my savings, and now I AM BROKE. But it was all worth it. The decision to move in is a painful process I have skipped experiencing, we moved in without tears, and without waving sad goodbyes, the burglars decided for us: MOVE IN or forever hold our peace.

The arrangement though is this, in the mornings, we travel to the in-laws' house to bring the kids, they will be staying there during daytime while we are at work, and after office hours in the afternoon, gather them up and go home, to La Cassandra.

Wish me luck with this new life ladies and gentlemen, and be with me as we enjoy the new house.

As for the burglars, *makakatulog kaya sila nang mahimbing sa bed foam na iyon? At kung may hangin man silang malalanghap sa electric fan ko, langhap din kaya nila ang sariwang simoy nito nang hindi sila kinokonsensiya?

*...will they be able to sleep soundly on the bed foam, and if ever they get air on my electric fan, will they be feeling fresh cooling air, or one that gets to their conscience?

PS.

I will post pics of the new house when we are fully settled and all arrangements are ready. Pics here were taken after the stuffs were delivered a few months back after the purchase.

I hope you enjoyed your Holy Week. =)

Love,

sHenG

Comments

Tanchi said…
wow..ganda na ng location ate sheng..:) comfy!
jeanny said…
Heartless people hay...

pero di bale Sheng atleast you still got a lovely home.
caryn said…
ay sheng, wawa naman. nakakapanghina ano? sigh. pray na lang dear. be strong.
Garando said…
OH NO! That's horrible!
But I guess there's always a brighter side to it:
- that they didn't have to take more of your furniture.
- Or better that you and your family weren't around when your house was broken into because who knows what these criminals would have done to you. They can be very unpredictable and violent.
It makes me sad that you got robbed, but I'm also relieved that all of you are safe. Thank goodness for that. :)
Bloggista said…
hi sheng, nakakapanghinayang. is the new place's neighborhood secure? nagkataon lang ba that they chose your new house kasi walang tao or rampant ang burglary sa lugar na yan? if i were in your place, baka naparanoid na ako.

regards!
sheryl
Anonymous said…
Awww, sweetie! I'm so so so sorry this has happened to your family. Gosh, what a bunch of jerks! How can someone just steal like that? Like you said too, during such a holy religious time! GAH! I feel so bad you lost some of your possessions but the good thing is you have your kids and hubby is safe. "Things" can be replaced, but you, your hubs, MIL, and babies are irreplaceable! I'll keep you and your families safety in my prayers Sheng. You truly are a sweet sweet soul! xoxoxo Love to you!
kg said…
yun pala ang reason!

i can offer only my prayers for you sheng, that you and your family will be able to accept the changes soon [if you haven't yet] and that you will have a happy new life in your new home. :)

hayaan mo na yung mga bad people...makakarma din yang mga yan.

have a great week!
Rammyboi said…
grabeng yawyaw sa kalag nimo te sheng. hehehe.. karon mas na internalize and feel ko pain mo. deymn those burglars. Karmahin sana sila sa pinanggawa nila. Cge lang, atleast a lesson was learned from that experience. "We'll always stand up in every downfall of our lives. And this time, we'll be stronger." :D
Eds said…
aww! sad to hear about this sheng. kahit saan talamak ang nakawan noh. nakakabad trip talaga. but please stay strong. atleast walang nasaktan sa inyo. soon mapapalitan nyo rin yong mga nawala sainyo.
Anonymous said…
wow new house! congratulations though that stealing thing sucks big time. i hope it does not happen again. enjoy the new home!
sunny said…
oh that's so bad..anyhoo, sheng you're not Broke, you're always blessed! take care always!
Sleepless In KL said…
Sheng, so sorry to hear about the break-in :( Yes, I do wonder about such people -- how do they deal with their conscience?
Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear about the mattress, electric fan and casserole. Believe me, I know the feeling of getting robbed. When I was in high school, we got home one fine Sunday night from a get together with the family to a burnt house. Our house burned down while we were away. And not only that, the things that can still be salvaged were stolen by the firemen. It sucked big time.

Well, think of it this way, at least you're safe and no one was inside the house when the burglars went in. It still is a good life, eh?

Happy Easter to you. Enjoy your week. :-)
ThePseudoshrink said…
Oh, Sheng, I'm so sorry to hear that. I honestly know how you feel---more than all the material things lost is the sense of violation. Still, I wish you all the best on your new home!
BlogusVox said…
These are signs of hard times ahead. Burglars are not choosy anymore what to take. Kung kaya lang siguro nilang buhatin ang sofa set mo, baka pati yan tinangay. I'm so sorry for you sheng.

Just thing of it this way, kahit pampalubag loob. Ninakawan ka man, at least hindi ka nasunugan.
Anonymous said…
Award for you at my place :)
ms firefly said…
yikes, nag dungan pa gid ang mga kawatan? maka ugot gid man. i hope you get a pet dog soon, it would really help to ward off burglars in the future. our dogs in my parents' house has foiled many burglary attempts, that even if nobody's home, no one attempts to go close our house. ^-^

stay safe sheng!
RedLan said…
ang mga kawatan walang conscience yan. kapal na ng amok ng mga yan. nakakapaghinayang at nakakadown dahil pinaghirapan mo tapos hindi pa nasulit ang paggamit mo, kukunin pa. pero hayaan mo, kahit anong kayod at pagnanakaw ngmga yun, hindi sila aasenso. Ingat lagi. secure lahat. God guides
pamatayhomesick said…
ganda naman ng bahay.kumpleto!
Perky said…
What a horrible thing to happen to you & your family. Nasty burglars. I hope they get what they deserve. As horrible as it was to be burglarized, at least it happened when there's no one at home & therefore no one got hurt.

Now that you've moved in the house, I hope that you will continue with the safety precautions, especially when having kids at home.

All the best in your new home!
Lantaw said…
so sad to hear about that Sheng
witsandnuts said…
Nice house, Sheng. Neat and maaliwalas. Buti na lang may souvenir pix yung mga items bago sila nakuha ng mga monsters. Take care!
mordsith said…
GRRRRR...

grabe naman sila, sheng. mabuti na lang at gamit lang ang nawala sa inyo, sa kanila ang mga kunsensiya nila.

on a lighter note, i am happy you're now living on the house you and your husband worked so hard to build! :)
escape said…
that's sad sheng. i too experienced that when i was still staying in an apartment in laguna. cellphone and wallet were taken. good that they retained everyhting else.

i hope that you get to recover the soonest from such experience.

happy easter!
Anonymous said…
i'm more interested in the garden. :P ahehehe... i hope you get settled (as in comfy settled) soon diyan. yung mga kulang pa, little by little, makukumpleto din yan. :)
Rico said…
That's just awful. How inconsiderate of them. Don't they know that you worked very hard for every centavo spent on those things? Sayang talaga yun!
Goodluck on the challenges on your new home. I pray that you guys will be all well and safe.
Anonymous said…
Oh, I'm sorry about this incident Sheng. The burglars took advantage of the holiday when the nearest neighbors at the la Cassandra house might've been off on vacation. It is really frustrating to have things you have worked for vanish into thin air, much more be taken by others who didn't bother to WORK and EARN MONEY to buy what they need. I am more pissed with the fact that these burglars, these thieves who are stronger and more muscular than I am would opt to take other people's hard-earned material possessions rather than work.

I hope that everything's okay in the new house. Please do take care and make sure to lock all doors and windows when you sleep at night. And yes, never, ever leave the house---these crooks are probably waiting for their next opportunity. They will get their comeuppance in the future
glenville said…
oh gosh. di bale, there's karma. (on a sidenote, wala bang nakapansin na may mga taong bitbit bitbit ang foam mattress niyo?). good thing you guys decided to move in.
onyxx said…
i'm sorry this happened to you sheng.

as a recent 'burglary' victim myself, i can sympathize with you on this topic. here's hoping that those unscrupulous jerks will get what they deserve.
Kayni said…
i'm so sorry to read about this. i keep wondering how these kind of people sleep knowing that they've robbed someone.
LOREN said…
This is horrible, Sheng. Nakakainis. But I'm glad to hear that the family has moved on from this bad experience now. Life always turns out right NO MATTER WHAT. God bless Sheng and your family!
bem said…
buti na lang sheng wala kayo dun when the burglars came. my brother's auto was carnapped right from his garage. they went inside the house, got the keys to the 2 vehicles and took the civic, buti naiwan yung crv. they did this when the rain was really malakas na wala ka ibang maririnig kundi patak ng ulan. i told my brother, buti na lang hindi ka nagising! kung hindi...

stay safe sheng!
incoherent said…
OMG. I'm sorry to hear this.

Karma karma lang yan, Sheng. I'm glad your family is safe.

The questions running in my mind lang are, kung may guards ang subdivision, bakit walang night patrol? At bakit parang kung sino sino na lang ang nakakapasok?
teeni said…
I am so terribly sorry that someone as sweet as you had to deal with such unpleasant things happening. I am glad however that nobody was in the house or hurt when the burglary happened. I hope that burglary is the only negative thing that ever happens in your new home. May your family have fun, love, laughter, health, and good fortune.
Heart of Rachel said…
I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your brand new home. It's terrible how some people take advantage of any opportunity that they find for their own selfish benefits.

Popular posts from this blog

Warning! Allergic Reactions Appear

Famous Cultural Landmark in Surallah, South Cotabato

The First Ever Traditional B'laan Wedding Ritual I Witnessed