Nature's Beauties

dear God,

i thank You for these beauties that i see.
they sure reflect your love and goodness to me.

i thank You because, in them i feel
the deepest joy and it is real.

i am amazed at the beauty that surrounds
thinking that You are just always around.

let me be enlightened by the truth,
that with you, i must only trust and root.

-sHenG-


Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into.
~Henry Beecher



I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
~Emma Goldman



People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us.
~Iris Murdoch


A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books.
~Walt Whitman


'Tis my faith that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes!
~William Wordsworth


If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom,
maybe your soul has never been in bloom.

~Audra Foveo

Have you ever seen a flower down
Sometimes angels skip around
And in their blissful state of glee
Bump into a daisy or sweet pea.
~Jessi Lane Adams


Be like the flower, turn your faces to the sun.
~Kahlil Gibran


When words escape, flowers speak.
~Bruce W. Currie


The best rose-bush after all, is not that which has the fewest thorns,
but that which bears the finest roses.
~Henry Van Dyke


God loved the flowers and invented soil.
Man loved the flowers and invented vases.

~Jacques Deval


Just living is not enough...
One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.
~Hans Christian Andersen


Flowers have spoken to me more than I can tell in written words. They are the hieroglyphics of angels, loved by all men for the beauty of their character, though few can decipher even fragments of their meaning.
~Lydia M. Child


Nota Bene: Special thanks goes to the hubby for taking macro shots
of these beautiful flowers in our neighborhood.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
~Emma Goldman

Amen!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful! I miss the flora and fauna. We have nice beaches here but I definitely miss the flowers and trees there. =)
Gracie said…
Oh nice flowers, I'd love to have some on vase on top of my desk :)
Anonymous said…
@Sinta: I am glad you agree! ;-)

@witsandnuts: Ganda ano? Sa neighborhood namin yan, i am glad our neighbors are very environmentalist people.

@gracie: Sure gracie, take your pick. ;-)
Eds said…
nice pictures sheng! i love flowers. and the quotes you choice...perfect!
Mai da Paypay said…
how beautiful naman the photos!
Anonymous said…
Sheng, your opening prayer is so beautiful it made me teary! Then the GORGEOUS photo's of flowers with quotes, and to find out that your huz took the pics just blew me away! He's as talented as you my dear- thanks for sharing these beauties. Are you going to frame some of the pics? Which is your favorite? I love the 7th one down. I'm not sure what its called but it's pretty PINK, so gorgeous, it doesn't even look real. I love how the background is out of focus and the flower is the main attraction! Nice!
Anonymous said…
I love flowers! And I love taking pictures of flowers...are these your shots?

By the way, drop me a note pag nareceive mo na post card ha. :)
princess_dyanie said…
Thank you God for your beautiful creations. :)
myminiheart said…
what a beautiful world! Nice photos!
Anonymous said…
wow, those are lovely flowers!

sheng! i got your package na! thanks soooo much! juls and i finished off the peanut kisses kagabi. hahaha! oink oink! loved everything, but especially the lovely bookmark you made! hugs!
Jeanny said…
They are lovely Sheng. THanks for sharing those aweson shots!
ms firefly said…
beautiful flowers!!!
i love the macro shots, great camera sheng!
iceah said…
i love flowers c: ngayon ko lang nabasa ito c: i want to link this again c: lovely poem dear c: so are the flowers c:

by the way, answered your question on the weekend swim c:
Anonymous said…
Ganda! You should make a calendar out of this.
BlogusVox said…
Kuha mo tong mga pics? Uy, you have an eye pala for beautiful things. Great take BTW.

Popular posts from this blog

Warning! Allergic Reactions Appear

Famous Cultural Landmark in Surallah, South Cotabato

The First Ever Traditional B'laan Wedding Ritual I Witnessed