On Eating, and Personal Budgeting and Finances

I really do not understand why there seems to be a problem when it comes to my finances. Maybe because I do not earn that much or there is a problem with the way I handle my finances. No, it's not really a big problem but I do not get to the point of getting to fattening the bank account. And there are financial constraints along the way which hinders me from booking a trip to somewhere far and relaxing.
The husband says I should lessen the tendency of getting to a restaurant after office because it actually what thins out our wallets. But I love to eat, and now that I was given a huge task of getting the May 1, 2011 job fair into better performance, I find myself darn tired and hungry all the time that I need to gobble up before going home and even when I'm home.

So there's the major reason for the lack of savings eh? Haha, call me absurd but really, I do not stop myself from spending when it comes to food and my children's feeding.

But it's almost June now. I can already feel my wallet clamoring for attention. I plan to pay the whole year's tuition and that will surely mean, dividing the bank's balances in half. But then again, I won't be bothered by the monthly tuition right, and I could, hopefully save more on a monthly basis? Do you think I really need to get myself a free budget planner just to make everything clear and visible to me when it comes to my finances and my addiction to food? Or do I really have to trim down on my eating?

Comments

kg said…
sheng, baliktad tayo. i don't really get to spend much on eating out. unang una, mahina ako kumain. pangalawa, my palate is so simple. fishball lang, masaya na ako. kaya di ko kailangan sa mga restaurant! he he!
sheng said…
@KG: Yung cheap restos lang din naman napupuntahan namin and with province life, 200 lang ang budget ko sa kain pag lumalabas kasama ang husband, 300-500 pag may bata, malaki na nga yun, hehehe...
orman said…
sheng -- agree ako sa pagtitipid but hey we all deserve our food binges once in a while... uulitin ko -- ONCE in a while... hehehehe... napapansin ko din na kung ako lang, mas matipid ang buhay ko... but when i go out with family and friends -- tuma-tumbling ang wallet ko. it all boils down to discipline -- kailangang alam mo ang priority items (tuition, utility bills) para di mo na magamit ito for our "binges." good luck na rin sheng...
Eds said…
once in a while ok lang yon kumain sa labas sheng. kaya nga tayo nagtatrabaho eh. goodluck sheng. hindi ka nag iisa sa ganyang sintemento.
Anonymous said…
Earnings is not the reason of your concern.

It's about lifestyle. You know, the way you live life. Either being thrifty or high roller, the bottom line is, are you happy with the way you'd been living your life.

I am not saying that it's okay not to have a savings because we really do need to save for the uncertain-certain future to come but, do not make that as an excuse not to live the life to the fullest. You are still young and this is the time that you need to experience life the most because when you get old - you are no longer allowed to do a lot of stuff like in your early years. You can't eat too much food when you grow old too and some maybe prohibited by your Dr.

But anyways, am getting far from my point... the real score in here, is Lifesytle. You may need to change it to balance everything. You can still got out but not spending the same. Like instead of "cheap" resto - why not Banana Cue in Casa; it's just a few steps away from your office.

We all suffer "stress" and most people, like you and me, deals with it with FOOD. But it doesn't have to be fancy after all, it will just go down the "bowl" at the end of the day.

Lifestyle and Life's priority = Happy life...Money will stack up will mostly depends on what you decide.

Happy Saving and Living LIFE!!...

Do not over think of it. Do it!.

Gensan Boi
onyxx said…
easier said than done heheh... i guess the main culprit here is the lack of willpower to implement these excellent plans :)
sheng said…
@Gensan Boi: Thanks a lot, I do have the will to balance things, lifestyle and savings but then again, like onyxx said, it's easier said than done, Haha! Thanks again.

@Onyxx, you sure hit the spot! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Warning! Allergic Reactions Appear

Famous Cultural Landmark in Surallah, South Cotabato

The First Ever Traditional B'laan Wedding Ritual I Witnessed