Keep Balance in Your Life

I am sure you will understand how busy I am these days. I have to take it upon myself how I can balance everything. Work during the weekdays and kids and household chores during the weekends. I still have readings that remain pending even if it's the end of January.

But of course, I cannot help to leave you hanging without any updates from me. This coming Monday, we will be turning over a new leaf. A new regional director comes and so a new boss for me. I hope she's kind and understanding. but I sure hope she's firm and somehow strict too.

My husband is also very busy, his new boss has been driving them nuts with trainings and all, and he is being enslaved to keep/manage their system.

But nevertheless, all things work together for good. I have a good talk with a senior superior who gave me some realizations with work. She told me that because I am with the department now, busy days are soon to come, but I have to bring balance to life, or else, my kids will no longer know me. I realized she's right, I have to weigh weekend activities if they are worth attending, or stay with my kids. She also gave me this piece of advice: If your kids want to tag along with you, bring them, for there will come a time that even though how much you want to bring them along, they will not come with you.

I guess she's right.

And one more thing she gave me: Always keep those drawings of your kids. There will come a time they will no longer draw for you. And a time will come when your kids will not stay with you, and you will remain feeling alone. So that time with your kids, consider them precious.

Comments

docgelo said…
all the best at work with your new boss, sheng!

and about the kids, we've to cherish precious moments even petty ones with them because time flies so fast. next time we know it, they already have their own lives to live.
kg said…
grabe busy mo sheng! i hope that all the hard worl will pay off. and i hope you're also taking good care of yourself. :)
sheng said…
@docgelo: Totoo yan, dapat talaga paghusayan pagiging magulang. Balansehin ang lahat.

@kg: I am very busy,but take note, I can still blog. Hehehe. And know this, I will blog even more this 2012.
mordsith said…
That's a good advice! Keep the drawings of the kids! Nakaka-touch kaya yun!
Dorm Boy said…
Kaya pala ung boss ko me drawing ng knyang anak na nakapin sa kanyang cubicle wall. Pag nagkaanak ako ipapframe ko pa ung drawing ng anak ko. excuse me... ng mga anak ko. =)
sheng said…
@mordsith: Ngayon ko na-realize how guilty I am because of that, I don't really keep their drawings kasi feeling ko it's additional clutter in the house.
bertN said…
I do not know where you get the energy to do all the things you are doing. Your family is lucky, they have you, and you are lucky you have them to motivate you.

I hope at some point you will realize that you are making me, and people like me, feel miserable because all we do is wake up, eat and screw around a little, then go back to sleep.
escape said…
tama nga. kaya sulitin ang lahat pati oras sa mga bata. busy din naman dito kaya wag ka mag alala. hahaha...
sunny said…
certified busybody! i strongly agree with ur friend's pieces of advice, esp about parenting.
BlogusVox said…
When I was small, my mom used to bring me to work because we don't have a baby sitter then. She use to leave me in the library while she works upstairs. And that's a plus for me because I learn to love books.

Popular posts from this blog

Warning! Allergic Reactions Appear

Famous Cultural Landmark in Surallah, South Cotabato

The First Ever Traditional B'laan Wedding Ritual I Witnessed