Year of My Dragons

It's the year of my two dragons. No, just kidding. I mean my two boys. I never knew they're both born in the year of the dragon. I only knew firsthand that my son is, it is just lately that I knew of my husband's Zodiac year sign when we visited a mall here in the city and there stood a huge board with astronomical years with the characteristics of persons born in each Zodiac year sign.

1976 and 2000. So they are both born under the year of the Dragon, whatever it may be, water or earth dragon, it still is a dragon.

I'm not really one who believes in luck as I believe we have a Judge up there who controls our every move given that we use our free will to decide on things. My 2011 has been really very lucky, I may call it that, but it may not have come to that if I have not tried my very best, if I have not worked my way to achieve what I wanted to achieve. Of course, it wouldn't be possible without my trust to the Powerful God up above who helps me with every decision and action I make.

This year of the Water Dragon is said to be a difficult one, as we are about to encounter a lot of trials, but isn't it what we are constantly facing, each day a day of battles with life, hurdling trials, facing indifferences and different attitudes? Others say this year is going to be a good one because for the Chinese, the dragon is a symbol of good fortune. But wait, the Bible tells us this:
Jeremiah 10:2-3 NLT
“Do not act like the other nations, who try to read their future in the stars.
Do not be afraid of their predictions, even though other nations are terrified by them. Their ways are futile and foolish.
I don't know with you, but I surely do not rely on the stars or the Zodiac signs. If only one can see rightly, the stars can be an encouragement, but it all boils down to your attitude, your perception of things and the way you make your life more productive that matters, and what makes you a lucky person.
Whatever I think, it's just me.

Kung Hei Fat Choi!
I hope you have a good way in celebrating it.

Comments

escape said…
hahaha... pareho palang dragon. ika nga nila... matibay ang mga dragon.
kg said…
ako din hindi naniniwala sheng, kahit sa zodiac. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Warning! Allergic Reactions Appear

Famous Cultural Landmark in Surallah, South Cotabato

The First Ever Traditional B'laan Wedding Ritual I Witnessed