The Waiting Game

I have made myself quite anxious for a month now. Well, almost. 

I applied for a position that I really wanted but since this is a government post, I have undergone the tedious process of selection and promotion - exams, interviews, and the paranoia of waiting for the result. 

Of course, it is a valid feeling when we get excited for the result of something we have been waiting for. 

Just like this promotion, I guess I am excited because I want the anxiety to end. I have been sleepless for a number of days last week, and have been fighting the urge to wake up in the middle of the night overthinking about my actions. Did I sound good in the interview? Have I made myself clear in my intentions? Was I articulate in my answers? Did they see me competent? And many others... 

The election ban is nearing (March 25) and we are all waiting for the 4 positions to be filled, as appointments are actually made by the Central Office. 

I may also be under a lot of stress lately because my headaches haven't subsided. There must be something wrong with me but I fear for what I will discover. Pretty sure the husband will be mad at me for tolerating the pain a tad longer. Must be the hormones though. 

So let's wait and see. After all, I have made a vow to always make a better version of myself, with or without the promotion.   


"Life was always a matter of waiting for the right moment to act." 

- Paulo Coelho




  

Comments

TPS said…
Bag it!!!
Eds said…
Hi! Kumusta, did you get the promotion? well, ganun talaga ang hirap lang din ng dapat pagdaanan para mapromote sa line of work natin. pero ako sabi ko nga in due time kung para sa akin ay para sa akin. good luck sheng
shengmarie said…
Hi Eds! I got the promotion! It was given to me September, I assumed the following month, transferred to a different location because of the promotion.

Still, I'm praising God for all His gifts!

Popular posts from this blog

Warning! Allergic Reactions Appear

Famous Cultural Landmark in Surallah, South Cotabato

The First Ever Traditional B'laan Wedding Ritual I Witnessed