Love transcends all differences...


Last Saturday, we brought the kids to watch Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa. My boy was excited as he was able to watch the first Madagascar movie. My 2 year old daughter was quite jittery too, because we are bringing her to the mall again, little did she know she will be watching a movie in a dark place.

We were anxious because it was her first time and I am just scared that after buying the ticket, she might not want to stay inside the darkness-filled room.

The place was packed, mostly adults and teenagers with kids in tow, and it was a surprise to us that my Tabebs was very brave to go inside without hesitation. We watched the movie in silence, only the kids noisy while munching their snacks.

The movie was cool, all animals were able to display a different attitude towards each other, though they may be friends, it was a fact that they were all too different from each other. Melman was in love with Gloria, and Moto-moto being the third party in the love story. In the end, the giraffe wins the hippo. Marty here was a unique zebra, and being friends with show-off Alex. Their friendship is unique too, very different that a humble zebra could make friends with Alex, the King of New York Entertainment.

The differences were very remote, that each animal portrays a role different from each other, even from the way they eat or live by nature.

Surely love transcends all differences, as they all managed to be a very wonderful group of friends. They have followed on each other and needed each other as if they cannot live without the other.

Why can't we be like them? Can't we not overcome each other's differences, because in each and every way, we are all the same? We are different only because of the places we live in, the color of our skin, our eyes maybe, our languages. But we must not be shaken by these differences.

Our attitudes may be different but we are of the same DNA: we all were from Adam's rib, and we must respect each other because of our being brothers. Surely not many can understand this, and this might never happen, because... still of the many reasons that we are different.

But if we just have some respect, for ourselves, for others, I think this might, just might happen, after all...

Comments

iluvgreen said…
Amen sheng. True, we should not let pride gets in the way, accept someone for who they are!

i like to move it move it! ganda ng movie db?
Eds said…
hubby and i really want to watch this movie. but we still do not know if they will allow our baby to go inside or will she behave properly inside the movie house.

so, maybe we'll just buy the dvd and watch it at home.
Mai da Paypay said…
i haven't watched the part II yet but i love part I! super hilarious!
Alice said…
I really must go watch this, Sheng. Most likely on DVD at my family place.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think what you said is true. If only we all will embrace and respect diversity! Not superficially but really and truly.
Anonymous said…
you're right, sheng. :)

we should respect differences inasmuchas we celebrate our uniqueness. :)
Anonymous said…
I want to watch it, but Mr H doesn't -_- I don't think he liked the first one. Poo.
JavaQueen said…
You are an extremely perceptive person with a heart full of love and longing for understanding- it seems easy enough... why can't we embrace differences? (my mom always said, "If everyone was the same, think of how boring life would be"). I think sometimes people are scared of things that are different then themselves? But, you are right.... we are all the same... wishing for people all over to come together too! xoxoxo
Anonymous said…
I'm so looking forward to watching this one---it's just that my schedule is so packed right now. My earliest memory of watching in a moviehouse was when I saw Honey I Shrunk the kids. I don't remember how old I was. Good thing the kids enjoyed themselves.

Respect is one of my most favorite words, and not just in speaking or writing, but in actual practice. Respect can lead to at least tolerance, if not acceptance, and that's what we need to live harmoniously with everyone.
Anonymous said…
that's one of the things that i love the most about malaysia -- everyone gets along well: malays, indians, chinese, muslims, hindus, christians, buddhists, atheists. obviously, not everything's perfect and smooth all the time, but things work in general. such a contrast to what's happening in mindanao since time immemorial :(
I also watched movie last night together with my girlfriend but it was James Bond Quantum of Solace. Madagascar is sure a very good movie and probably must have chosen it against James Bond movie had I have kids to tag along ;)
Anonymous said…
I didn't read your post yet. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie next week. We have a late playdate for this one. =(
Anonymous said…
Sheng dear- Amen gid. I couldn't agree with you more on that. Eury wanted to watch this movie soon din.

Anyway, I'm off to work miga.

ta ta for now,

allen
Anonymous said…
I haven't seen this! Would like to see it. :) I thought the first movie was okay.
kees-jan & jess said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
Good the kids were comfortable in the movie theater. I find myself getting uneasy in a too crowded movie theater hehe
-Jess
Anonymous said…
It is amazing that we sometimes forget how alike we all really are, despite unique exterior differences. We all bleed, we all feel pain, we all crave love, life and liberty.

I hope your daughter enjoyed the movie theater experience!
iceah said…
ganda talaga nyan pati yung 1 na madagascar napanood namin as in Josh loves it nagenjoy din talaga kami c:
Heart of Rachel said…
Glad you enjoyed watching the movie.

I love their funny antics and admire their friendship.
Anonymous said…
"but we are of the same DNA: we all were from Adam's rib"

I think this is funny. You're trying to reconcile the two opposite ism.

But seriously, as long as prejudice exist, which manifest only in humans, it will remain as it is... a dream.
Anonymous said…
wahahaha! juls and i saw this last weekend too and we thought it was hilarious!

i love the subtle message it imparts ;-)
Anonymous said…
how true!!! this post makes me want to watch mdagascar 2 (even if i haven't seen the first one).

Popular posts from this blog

Warning! Allergic Reactions Appear

Famous Cultural Landmark in Surallah, South Cotabato

The First Ever Traditional B'laan Wedding Ritual I Witnessed