Aba! Day 1 - Reminiscing the School Year That Was

I have not been much of a reader nor a writer in the past few years. Read, yes. But I would confess, it's not as always as it seemed to be. I hated the fact that I can no longer read a full book in one sitting. My latest book is A Man Called Ove, and I have not even finished t yet. 

I have a friend who always gives me e-books, I ask him for e-books and yet, I just have them ready in my collection. Even the real, tangible books I have are quite ignored for some time now.

For some reason, I have become lazy. I have become the person I didn't want to be, maybe because of the busy schedule at work, or have I been too complacent with a lot of stuff?

Just this morning, as I have always planned it to be, I finally got the urge to get my Bob Ong box of cards. This Bob Ong's Aba! are a set of cards with questions or tasks that you can answer or that you can follow. I vow to at least answer one card every week, or the most often that I can do it because I need to sharpen my brain cells lest they rust completely. 

So, for the first question:

This question isn't so hard because it would definitely be first year college. 

I was so keen in going to college because it seemed to me, a certain kind of paradise. To be away from your parents, to not be answering to them when they tell you to do something, to not be able to hear their voice once in a while because you are 2 hours away from each other. Of course, that time in college, the only means of communication ready enought for the families to have are landlines, which by the way would be long distance considering General Santos is far from Koronadal. 

First year in college meant seeing and knowing new friends, and enjoying a life in the city. It meant cooking my own meals and budgeting my own money. It meant having time to enjoy with friends without the parents' eyes piercing through me. It also meant having to fall in love. 

First year in college meant FREEDOM for me. And I guess, the freedom I got, I chose to use well because eventually, first year meant the second, and the third, and the fourth. 

My college days were well spent despite the lack of financial resources, the time constraints, and the challenges I had to face. 

Ikaw? Ano ang sagot mo sa tanong na ito?

 


Comments

bursky said…
oh wow! Thank you for that wonderful question. (feeling beauty pageant?! haha!)

i don't know really... but yeah, i think it would be a year in college din. my 'carefree' days because now i realize it's all responsibility and bills as an adult. :P yeah, those were some of the best times i had. met a lot of different people, enjoyed their company, only regret is that i wish i had spent even MORE time with them.

nice to see you back to blogging din! :) i miss all of my blog friends! :(
Rum Tan said…
A student's school learning involves acquiring knowledge, skills, and understanding through formal education settings. This encompasses attending classes, completing assignments, participating in discussions, and engaging with educational materials. It includes both theoretical concepts and practical applications across various subjects like mathematics, science, languages, social studies, and the arts. School learning also involves interactions with teachers and peers, as well as assessments to gauge progress and comprehension.

Popular posts from this blog

Warning! Allergic Reactions Appear

Famous Cultural Landmark in Surallah, South Cotabato

The First Ever Traditional B'laan Wedding Ritual I Witnessed