A post-Halloween Story

October of last year was the first time I went to Cebu. I had my hubby tag along with me because this was our very first trip to Cebu and I want the two of us to enjoy Cebu as much as we can. Although I had a job to do there for three days, it also included going to places so I dragged him with me wherever I went.

Our company is leasing a house there, one that could cater sheltering the branch manager and his family, so to cut costs, we stayed there. The company's vehicle was the one who was lucky enough to move us around Cebu and it's other cities.

old white house in San Fernando, Cebu

We stayed in this house for 2 nights. After all the visiting to places, this white house sheltered us.

The morning before we left for Gensan, the manager and his wife, our friends too, were chatting about the house and how they were able to find it, it was so far from downtown city that we have to travel for an hour or more just to see city lights.

Conversation took place and stories of how creepy the house was, came about. Paul told us that once, his son, who was barely 1 meter tall and only a year and months old that time, was locked inside their room. The lock happened to be out of the son's reach, and it was not even a doorknob, it was a sliding lock. They were just surprised that CJ went up, and was frantically crying because he was locked inside. How could one baby lock himself up in a room with a sliding lock out of his reach and all people were downstairs? The lock by the way, was inside the room, nout outside.

They were just too scared to know, and so they let it pass.

Kuya Erning, the company driver, told that one night, he was driving home, when he was stopped by a lady in white jeans and shirt, for a hitch. He let her in for humanity's sake. And she asked to stop in front of this same house, gave Kuya Erning money and left. Kuya E was supposed to ask where she lives because Kuya Erning coincidentally lives near hers (of course, in this house too). Not a blink, and Kuya E never saw the lady again. When Kuya E looked at his hand, there was no money, only a leaf.

Imagine the look on his face, it was horrible as he described it, the first time he thought he was hallucinating. Other residents in the house, (agents, housekeeper) said they hear steps at the second floor, when all of them are sleeping, the roosters and the dogs seems to be very active.
Creepy isn't it.

When we were there though, we haven't noticed anything unusual. The place was cold, because San Fernando, Cebu is a foggy and rainy area. Only that morning we were going home that they revealed this to us, in order not to scare us.

me, innocent of the creepy stories behind this house

This 28th of November, I will be back to Cebu with my Madam Boss for a seminar in University of San Carlos, and for a night, will be staying in this house too. I don't know if I will be experiencing unusual things, but heavens! Please no!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah, that is definitely creepy. I hope your hubby is coming along so you have someone to hold on to when strange things start to happen.

Be brave though. Maybe, all it needs is some prayers.
Mai da Paypay said…
nah, it's all in the mind. Pogiji used to be a questor, and he said just don't entertain those ghostly thoughts and you'll be fine. if you keep on thinking about them, then you're going to attract them.
iluvgreen said…
the house looks creepy, i can imagine someone in white standing beside that something looks like a piano.. heheh just kidding.. yah, it's all in the mind! just pray!
Anonymous said…
@Leah: I cannot bring hubby this time because I am with my boss for a day's seminar in Publishing, and that will mean a boring day for him if he is out alone in Cebu. I wish I could though...

@maidapaypay: Yeah, so true, It's all in the mind. I guess stories like that sure give us creeps, but changing thoughts will sure help.

@iluvgreen: Very creepy no, we have noticed the eerie environment when we arrived but we just shrugged it off, I hope I can shrug it off again...
Anonymous said…
i would love to stay at old houses, but no otherwordly presence please. :)

have a great trip! i hope you don't experience unusual things. :)
Eds said…
OMG! that house looks creepy indeed. i am so afraid of the ghost.

have a safe trip sheng.
JavaQueen said…
SO BRAVE SHENG!
RedLan said…
Nakakatakot nga yung house. Pero hindi naman siguro applied to all ang nangyayari. Yung takot lang siguro at duwag ang kaluluwa. Just pray.
Anonymous said…
Just seeing the first photo already gave the impression of being creepy. I have a number of eerie stories during my stay in different hotels in my more than a month stay in Cebu (actually not just in Cebu). But all these I was keeping to myself until where back to Makati. Didn't want to scare my colleagues. I got used to having an almost opened third eye (ack!). There's nothing else to do but to pray and ignore the thoughts (presence).
Anonymous said…
hmm... your next visit should be interesting. if something weird happens, at least you'll have something to blog about. don't forget to take pictures :)
Anonymous said…
Oooh - those are creepy stories. Once you hear things like that it is hard not to let them influence you. I am sure everything will be fine though - at least there are no stories of anyone getting hurt and that is the important thing!
Heart of Rachel said…
Reading your post gave me goosebumps. The house looks scary from the outside. I wonder how it is from the inside.

It's good that you didn't experience anything out of the ordinary during your stay there. Hope you won't experience anything when you come back.

Thank you for your comment about the teacher incident at my son's school. I appreciate your vote of confidence.
Anonymous said…
Ay ka creepy! I wonder if you can sleep knowing all the creepy stories in that haus dear. I guess, you'll be fine. :) Let us know your experience ha.

Enjoy your weekend,

allen
BlogusVox said…
When I was still a bachelor and working abroad, nobody sleeps in my bedroom in our parents' house because those who dare experienced something creepy at night. In one of my vacation, my Mom ask me if I felt anything unusual in my room. I told her how could I, I usually go home at around midnight, drunk! : )
Anonymous said…
nyay, creepy! i'm having goosebumps while reading. good thing nothing "ghostly" happened when you were there. take care on your next trip.
Alice said…
I hope you will not encounter anything creepy there. Have a safe trip!
Anonymous said…
the house looks kind of creepy.
Anonymous said…
hahaha! i love old houses, but i agree that most of them are inhabited ;-) just pray sweetie and you'll be fine. hugs!
Toni said…
Eek! The house does look like it has a lot of creepy stories to tell. You're brave to spend the night there!
faye said…
was here read story,,,
its like white house in baguio may momo din daw ehhehe
Anonymous said…
I love the look of that house :)

Popular posts from this blog

Warning! Allergic Reactions Appear

Famous Cultural Landmark in Surallah, South Cotabato

The First Ever Traditional B'laan Wedding Ritual I Witnessed