Next to Christianity, Islam, is the world’s second largest religion. This religion was founded by the Prophet Muhammad and is the leading faith in the Arab world and in the Middle East. When I got invited to my first Muslim wedding, I got so excited because 1. I have never been to one yet; 2. I know it will be an eye-opener for me as regards to Muslim rites, and 3. I am open to learning different cultures and traditions. According to my short research on this matter, Muslim marriages are carried out in different ways as to the culture they are accustomed to. In the Philippines, Muslim marriages are arranged by the parents and relatives with the bride and groom. To Muslims, their women cannot marry outside of their faith. Muslim men however, can do so as long as their children are raised as Muslims. After acceptance of the offer of marriage, the groom must give the bride a "mhar" (gift or dowry). From what I learned in the Muslim wedding I attended, the groom gave cash a...
I am never this adventurous. But then again, i thought I should give it a try. And so, although I am in my busy days, i could never let that lone Saturday pass without me joining the group. I woke up at 4am, nudged the hubby to wake up, and prepared myself. I had to cook breakfast for the kids, prepare whatever food I can leave them with, had a cold shower, and dressed up and with my new sneakers, went with the hubby. Where in the world we were going was also a question for me, but was very excited knowing it's a different adventure i am trying out. It was the second day of the Davao Food Appreciation Tour and we, being delegates from General Santos were invited to meet other bloggers from Manila, Cagayan de Oro and of course, Davao. So when we reached Davao City, we had a small stop at McDonald's to meet other bloggers and proceeded to this place... Outland Adventure Located in Diversion Road, Maa, Davao City. The place is cool, lots of people, everyone full of energy and eag...
It was a beautiful Saturday morning when we visited Kinilis, in Polomolok. I was with Nanards and two visiting friends from Davao City, Emi, and her American husband, Joshua. They wanted to go see the kafe balos because it has been very famous now, and they wanted to invest into the business. Sir Fred mentioned there was a tribal wedding that very day so it was a fortunate day for us to witness something different, a customary tribal wedding rite. We went inside the house for they explained to us that the traditional B'laan wedding is being held inside the house of the bride where the couple has to sit on a mat and surrounded by relatives and witnesses. The bride was very beautiful that day, she was adorned with T'nalak inspired accessories, and her hair was placed with a beautiful headdress made of brass. Her hips was surrounded by a brass belt where hundreds of small bells were making noise each time she moves. And she was fully clothed in a colorful B'laan attire, and s...
Comments