Trapped in Butuan City!

No, I wasn't trapped in the whole wide Butuan City, but only in Almont Inland Hotel where we were hosted for a 5-day training on Basic Employment Services. It was the first morning in Butuan and after we returned back to our room for freshening up, I went to the bath, and after I attempted to go out that I realized I was trapped. The doorknob wouldn't turn and even if I have tried every turning, it wouldn't budge a thing.


Good thing that my roommates were still in the room and heard my effort of trying to get the knob to turn that they called for the maintenance of the hotel. I can see from the inside that the hinges are also firmly locked that I could not remove them easily, and the best way they could open me free is to destroy the lock of the knob from the outside.

It was a 20 minute hysteria for me, not because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get out because I believe my friends could get me out of there before the training started, but I was scared because there seemed to be no air getting inside the room, and I was profusely sweating inside. The panic wasn't really obvious in my face because I can communicate with them by just speaking loudly and I knew they were doing everything to set me free from the bath.

It was actually a funny experience, in fact, what actually pretty scared me was getting to the training proper late because that would have been too embarrassing. I would suggest that Almont Hotel and Inland Resort would check the doors of their hotel rooms, inspect if they are efficiently working so that the same would not happen again. Or meybe, they could get apply for ebay loans just so they could improve the facilities in the hotel.

I got out okey, they couldn't remove the lock pick from the outside so when that doorknob was removed, I asked for the screwdriver myself, because I an see from inside the bath how to get that pick to turn. So I guess I can say, I set myself free. 



And we were able to proceed to the training on time. Whew! Funny hysteria!

Comments

bertN said…
I wonder if a Swiss pocket knife with screw drivers (both Phillip and regular) help you free yourself. I got out of a similar predicament with its help and ever since I carry one in my pocket.
BlogusVox said…
Alam mo Sheng, My father and I have a bad experience regarding hotel. Remember the Diplomat or Ambasador Hotel (I'm not sure which) along Roxas Blvd? We were there in one of their rooms when it got burned down some 20 years ago.

Kaya every time we go to a hotel I always make sure where the fire exits are located.
Kayni said…
I would have panicked already if I got locked in a room or even a bathroom. I have a problem with small spaces.
jeanny said…
Buti your officemates are there noh?

all smiles pa din kahit na trap sa cr :-)
Anonymous said…
i've worked in this region for 4.5 years. This hotel is haunted so i am not sure if that pays a role in your experience...hope you did have a nice sleep while you were there..

you should have gone to the inland resort and hotel or to dotes hotel, they're a lot nicer in terms of place...

hope you enjoy the bumpy ride to hinatuan... daghan og crabs, lobster og shrimps didto unya barato pa jud...

Gensan Boi
Teeni said…
Oh my goodness! What an experience! I would have panicked and become claustrophobic being trapped in a bathroom. Thankfully, your friends were there to make sure you were rescued! It is so funny that you were more worried about being late for training! What a dedicated worker you are! :)
sheng said…
@bertN: It's actually difficult to bring a Swiss knife anywhere when you're here in Pinas, the security measures anywhere are truly strict.

@Blogusvox: I need to do that too, thanks for reminding me, I always forget that most important thing.

@Kayni: It's a good thing I still have officemates inside the room.

@jeanny: true that sis!

@GensanBoi: Haunted? Really? We're booked in Almont Hotel and Inland Resort, i wonder if it is the same place you've mentioned.

@Teeni: I always see to it that I work well, with less talks behind my back so I need to keep it that way.
Jojie Alcantara said…
Hi Sheng. First of all, am glad you got out of that ordeal intact. Enclosed bathroom spaces are known to cause lifelong trauma especially when you are locked from the outside (or the inside, whatever may have caused that).

Secondly, I couldn't help but smile at your story. Despite your misery you managed to have your photo taken through a doorknob hole, and I daresay...it was good framing. :-D

Thirdly, do not discount the fact that it may be caused by naughty spirits. I love haunted stories. I've been through strange hotels to know which bathroom is safe for me and my wild imagination.

Lastly, this darn hotel needs major refurbishing. (and another blessing sa pari)

Regards,
Jojie
docgelo said…
in all fairness, nakuha nyo pang mag photoshoot despite the hassle, all smiles pa din! iba ka sheng! :)
Unknown said…
Hello Everybody,
My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
First name......
Middle name.....
2) Gender:.........
3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
4) Loan Duration:.........
5) Country:.........
6) Home Address:.........
7) Mobile Number:.........
8) Email address..........
9) Monthly Income:.....................
10) Occupation:...........................
11)Which site did you here about us.....................
Thanks and Best Regards.
Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Warning! Allergic Reactions Appear

Famous Cultural Landmark in Surallah, South Cotabato

The First Ever Traditional B'laan Wedding Ritual I Witnessed