My Daughter Can Draw... and I CANT

That is just the most awful part, the phrase that says I can't draw. To think that my daughter did not get any training or any help from any of us regarding her drawing skills is but an amazement to us all. She can draw, very well, and she even won First Place in the Poster Making Contest of their school, and she's just 7.

 I wonder where she got the talent in making use of lines and curves and she can even make one that's seen as an aerial view of a resort like the above picture for that matter. There's a playground, a pool with slides and bridges to make it more interesting. She has a mind that's amazing, really, and I believe she can do more when she grows up. But I am sure that she's taken after the father who is a computer engineer and has great and amazing creative skills as well, from computer graphics to plotting CADD in 3D.

 That's why I am supporting all her needs from crayons to paints and pastels and sketch pads, it's not everyday that you get to have a child asking you to buy her drawing and coloring materials and then you get surprised because the drawings are cleverly and smartly done.

 It is not only the daughter who can draw well, the kuya aces in cartooning too. When we bought him Diary of the Wimpy Kid which has drawings in the pages, he has the initiative to make one of his own Diary of the Wimpy Kid- like notebook where you can see narrations and also drawings. Bue he's kept it a secret to us. Well, a mom knows secrets so I knew. He's really good at it. I just hope he'd be encouraged to put his creations to everyone's knowledge, and maybe join the Editorial Cartoon Contest in schools press conferences?

I'm buying myself a few drawing needs too, like pencils and a sketchpad. I think this is a good excuse to actually lessen my online time, and do more sensible things instead of waiting for updates in Facebook, which is just getting the best of my productivity.

How does your kids surprise you? And hey, you want proof? Here goes...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warning! Allergic Reactions Appear

Famous Cultural Landmark in Surallah, South Cotabato

The First Ever Traditional B'laan Wedding Ritual I Witnessed